Friday, March 20, 2009

Crop or Not?

Here's the original shot without any cropping. It's not my favorite shot. I was playing around with the depth of field and didn't quite get what I was going for.


But, here's my late night solution:



Yup, it's the same photo, just cropped into a vertical. I think I like it better. At the very least, it definitely fits in better with my recent work. Cropping might be a crutch for not shooting well enough to begin with, but it is a good tool for figuring out exactly what it is I'm going for before I go out to shoot next time. Besides, if I hadn't included the original photo here, who would know?

2 comments:

MJ Farms Stockdogs said...

Nice images! No harm in cropping - I would maybe even crop to an 8x10-ish size instead of full frame to really place emphasis on those leading lines, & a bit more contrast to really make the image pop! Good shooting :D

Blue said...

Thank you for the advice!