Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Job Change

Completely not related to art, but I'm writing about it anyway. I have a new job! I'll be working for EveryScape, a company that makes virtual tours of cities, hotels, etc. Initially, I'll be doing QA for the city tours and then (hopefully) getting moved to studio. I pretty much will sit in a cubical all day and work on a computer. Yeah, I know. Not really my style, but it's a more stable schedule than weddings, frees up my weekends for various activities, and is a steady paycheck.

I'm still working on putting together my own little photography/painting business (photos from this weekend coming soon), but in the meantime I can't really complain about a steady paycheck. This job will give me more time during the summer to work on my own projects than if I was doing weddings.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Congratulations! Is the the real world stuff you've been dealing with? Seems like a cool company, even if it is a 9-to-5er

Blue said...

Yup! My last job turned into not good place to be, so I really needed to find something new. So far, I'm pretty happy with the new job. It's definitely a more rigid schedule, but at least I do have weekends free. It'll be a big change for Iris though.